● Past simple i.e. They watched TV all evening. It began to rain soon after dinner. I didn’t see Jane all evening. Did you meet your friend?
● Past progressive i.e. The telephone rang when she was having a bath. She was wearing trousers yesterday.
● Past perfect i.e. She found the keys she had lost.
● Past perfect progressive i.e. We had been playing tennis all evening.
● Used to i.e. She used to play football as a kid.
● Was used to, got used to in all forms i.e. She was used to talking to her family on the phone.
● Had something done i.e. I had my hair cut.
● Passive voice of all past tenses i.e. The promise was broken. The office was cleaned every day.
● Reported speech i.e. She said she wanted to buy a car.
● Past tenses used for narration
● All main irregular verbs